Welcome

Welcome to A Musician's Tarradiddle!  I know what you are thinking, "what is a tarradidle?"  Simply stated, "A Musician's Tale" was already taken and I happen to be addicted to online thesauruses.  Although the term "tar·ra·did·dle also tar·a·did·dle (tr-ddl)" also implies " a petty falsehood or fib" or "silly pretentious speech or writing," the content of the blog will include my experiences, reflections, opinions, and so on.  I am no one truly magnificent, just a recently married music education and music therapy major who apparently thinks it would be fun to share some thoughts.  I hope you are not disappointed ; )  Sit back and enjoy the soundtrack of my life.

Saturday, January 8, 2011

Are you a music therapist?

It's been awhile since I've posted...Oh the life of an intern...Anyway, I've decided to make more of an effort, so here goes.

A few days ago as I was walking into one of the school contracts I'm serving with my guitar on my back and a large bag of everything music in tow, a woman coming into the school asked, "Are you a music therapist?"  Since the MT I work with hadn't arrived yet, I looked around and realized she was talking to me.  It took me a second to process before responding with, "Almost.  I'm a music therapy intern."  The moment was brief, and she smiled as we parted ways.  I'm still surprised at how much that seemingly insignificant moment made me think.  All too soon I will have the privilege to say, "My name is Kelsey Juett, and yes, I am a music therapist."  With each passing day, musical moment, and continuous therapeutic brainstorming, I realize that this is where I'm suposed to be.

No comments:

Post a Comment